Sunday, May 31, 2009

LOVE… LOVING IN ABSOLUTE SILENCE….

I fell in love but never disclosed it,
I fell in love yet never shouted off rooftops,
It remains in me, locked in my heart,
Unspoken off, unheard off,
Shocked as I was, I never knew I would,
Fall in love, ever…..

In silence I have lived my life,
In stillness I have remained ecstatic,
And now I am in love and I remained quiet.
The sudden rush of winds swept me off,
And I was taken aback,
How could you change for my eyes?

Change… Change is the only word constant in our lives,
And you were first an acquaintance,
You were disregarded by me, and I was by you….
Then midway you became a friend,
Your jokes took me warmly, your laugh rung wonderful,
Slowly small talk moved to heart to heart…..

And one day, you turned up at my doorstep,
Unannounced, inhibited, drenched in rain and more…
I laughed at your plight, as you just looked on,
Innocence unknown to me was all over you,
That very moment I gave my heart away,
And you suddenly became the centre of my life, replacing me.

And now, I can’t say anything to you,
When you touch me it makes my day,
When you laugh with me, I reach heaven,
And when you devote some of your time to me, I remain indebt.
I want to tell you but you seem to love someone else,
And all this while I remain silent….

Everyday what I wish is a true glimpse of yours,
Everyday a moments laughter makes me swing on rainbows,
And everyday a touch of yours on my soft shoulders is hoped,
I remain in love and in silence…
I am not complaining but I am in distress,
I am in love in silence and all I want is to tell……

3 comments:

Aahna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aahna said...

say it before its too late.. coz the funda of "its never too late" no more exists in this constant rat race! ;

Aankhi Ghosh said...

Sayan...!
I always believed that poetry could be custom made...and this one is custom made for me...Aankhi :P...!