Friday, May 29, 2009

‘I DO MY BEST'

You are the one I love,
And I have been loving you for a while, five years maybe,
I have been quiet about it,
You have been oblivious about it,
Yet I kept loving you.

If I am Jules, then you are my Romeo,
Yet we never have met,
I see you from a distance and I love you,
Constancy has been my endeavour, my hallmark,
And I have loved you all along....

She, my best friend, asks me forever,
Why am I in love with you,
He, my criminal in arm, begs me to stop,
To stop giving pieces of me to you,
Yet I don’t listen to them, and I go on loving you.

Yes, it has been five years, long time....
And I still seem to be madly in love with you,
Ten days to go before we begin new lives,
I come to your room and give you a gift,
A diary of memories, of mine and yours....

You smile, and you flip through it,
My eyes water down, we might never meet again,
You give me a reluctant hug, intimacy never your forte,
And as I turn to leave you say- 'Thank you for loving me'.......
I nod and reply 'I do my best', close the door behind me and shed a tear........

I truly did my best......

No comments: