Friday, May 29, 2009

MOVING ON ALONE......

Maybe it is time, maybe it is not,
But then we never realise when it is time,
Time to love, time to leave, time for truth or lie,
Time to hate, time to breathe or live......
But we just do, we just act, on impulse, and so am I,
I am moving on...... Alone!

I am not alone, I have me,
This is no story from a book,
This is life, and it is mine,
And I need to have it back,
Before I seem to loose myself,
Or before I turn to my grave.

As I turn back, and I turn often,
I see you smiling, that smile I loved,
But it somehow doesnt reach your eyes.... Somehow.
I wonder why, and I keep wondering,
The wind is behind my back, it is driving me up,
But all I do, all I want is to turn back, one last glimpse.....

The world keeps changing,
But my world is the same, static.
Cities have changed, a million gallons of water between us,
Yet when my name is called, all I want to see is you called me out,
I imagine, the loud call, a bit harsh, filled with gravity,
And I turned around, but it wasnt you... never you.

I close my eyes in the night, knowing you are up...
The other side of the world has you,
And here I am, with my family,
With all the love God may offer, but I cheat...every day,
And as I sleep towards another sleepless night,
You occupy my mind, my heart, my soul....... I cheat, every night.

I claim to have moved on, alone....
But I dont think I have, maybe I can never,
Maybe I never wanted to,
In my mind your hand is always with mine, you heart with me....always
And as the night turns to another day, I wake up...
Wide and alert, ready to move on.... Alone

(Somehow inspired by Ingrid Michaelson's 'Turn to Stone'.... somehow)

No comments: