Tuesday, July 07, 2009

MY STARRY SIX-PACK



I am blessed with a six-pack,


It is strong, it is enticing,


It is all what a man wants,


And it is all that life can give.





I never did one crunch to own it,


I never controlled my diet to have them in place,


And I never dreamt that they be mine,


But now that I have them I feel blessed and nothing else.





They are not just a six-pack,


They are the starry six-pack, my best friends,


For they are stars in their own right,


For together they form a constellation called life…..





He is funny, superbly so, has the makings of a legend,


He is intelligent, without intimidation,


He is amiable, never overcooked, never overdone,


He is the first of the starry six-pack.





He can make one laugh, but he makes me cry too,


He can be wildly pricey, seldom a smile for me,


Always putting me down for my lack of humour,


But then he is the one who reads my crap, never saying no.





She is the Miss Smart Pants; she is the one with the dimples,


She is the one who made me an addict to Grey’s,


She is concerned, always beyond her means, beyond her heart’s reach,


She is the second of the starry six-pack.





Always a slave to her hearts desire, sensuous at will,


But she is always the mistress of my heart-beats,


She fills my life with faith, straight from the textbook,


She is the one who tirelessly encourages me…. The love of my life.





He is the brains; he is all about the smarts,


He is the man for smooth talks, ladies and the combination,


The funny man with a bull’s eye for humour,


He is one for the future, for history, and for the present.





But he is Mr. Pricey, always dancing on his own tunes,


He is Mr. Exaggeration, cooking stories about me,


Always trying to embarrass me, stubbornness his hallmark,


He is my room-mate, my confidante, my third starry six-pack…..




She is Miss Confidence; she is Miss Do-It-All-Do-It-Right,


She has will, supreme courage and madness combined,


Always right, all the time; she always works on her own terms,


She is the Mighty Heart; she is the fourth starry six-pack.





She is my backbone, my biggest supporter,


She screams and sets me right; she is Agony Aunt par excellence,


A force of nature; workaholic forever, her fame runs wide and wild,


She is my soul mate, my favourite person on earth……





He is an icon, my ideal, my guru,


Always teaching me a thing or two,


He is Mr. Intellectual, his opinion counts forever,


He knows respect and admiration; he is the fifth starry six-pack.





He does not set the standards, he is the standard,


He knows of his influence, and he uses it well,


He is not funny, he knows it, and that makes him funny,


He is the one who will change the world; he is a man with a mission.





Sh is the final starry six-pack, the one who makes roses rosy,


She has some attitude, unbearable at times,


Her smile is sweet, her hugs warm,


But then again, she is the devil, but not the one in Prada…..





Her temper is strong, tantrums aplenty, her silent treatments are worse….


She takes care of me, pampering me now and then,


And then she punches me with her words, when it’s my bad,


She is pal I always wanted.... the one for all occasions.





So here are the starry six-pack,


You now know of my blessings,


They are my highs and my lows,


They are the starry six-pack….. My life, my best friends…













"I have always believed in numbers, in the equations and logic that lead to reason, and after a lifetime of such pursuits I ask what truly is logic? Who decides reason? My quest has taken me through the physical, to the meta physical to the delusional and back. And I have made the most important discovery of my career, the most important discovery of my life, that it is only in the mysterious equations of love that any logic or reason may be found, am only here tonight because of you, you are the reason I am, you are all my reasons. Thank you."



John Nash, 1994 Nobel Prize Ceremony

























1 comment:

Preeti said...

Love u Sayan... as alway..
am coming back soon.. for r lovely rendezvous.. miss u...